Monday, October 12, 2009
So we have a target... make a list!
1. Get you finances in order
2. Get your expenses in order
3. Run your numbers through a retirement calculator such as firecalc
4. Determine your retirement date
5. Now the hard part - where do you want to retire and what do you want to do?
6. Make a his and hers bucket list
7. Discuss your lists together and using these discussions you should be able to get a better idea of the answer to question 5
I will stop here and add to the list later because of the importance of item 5 above. My wife and I had initially considered retiring in Florida since the price of real estate was cheap and the life style of living near the beach appealed to both of us. However, after looking over our bucket lists it was apparent that we had a lot of traveling to do before we settled in for any duration. We are now investigating full time RV'ing and even looking into retiring/traveling overseas. So for us now we have lots of research to do...