Monday, June 21, 2010

Something different…

So now that the house sale went south we are taking the time to get a few more things fixed up… the carpets cleaned… and do a few of the items on the inspection report.  Checked off the list are the repair of some wood rot, the replacement of the garbage disposal, and a minor electrical repair.  So what was next? 

Well my daughter was coming home for the summer and I was to fly out to Charlotte, NC where she would pick me up at the airport. So I left my house at 3:00 am to catch a flight out of Austin,Tx to Charlotte where I arrived near noon. My daughter was bit late but picked me up and then we started the long drive home… over 1000 miles. We drove to eastern Louisiana and spent the night before pressing on the next day. We got home around 2:30 in the afternoon and after all the turmoil of last week and the long drive I felt I needed a break… So we drove into Bryan, Tx to attend the Texas Reds Festival.

Texas Reds 09 09055 As they say the Texas Reds Steak and Grape Festival - can be described in just one word: Fun! There were over 20 wineries that offered their finest wines and for a small fee we were able to taste many of them.  Our favorite of the day was a Texas made Pinor Noir so we purchased a bottle and made our way over tTexas Reds 09 09054o the main stage and waited for a couple of local favorites Kevin Fowler and the Tejas Brothers to play live in concert.

Other than the stifling heat the rest of the day and night were just what we needed…

3 comments:

  1. Ohhh that festival sounds fun and interesting. What a nice break in your long long day!

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Karen....sounds like a great festival and you all deserve to have a little fun!!

    Take care!
    Mike & Gerri
    http://freedom2roll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the support ... the break was indeed fun and the wine was great as well...

    ReplyDelete