Monday, September 13, 2010

One last vacation… a cruise to a far away place…

rhapsody of the seasWell since we are now less than 6 months to our retirement date we decided it would be best if we crammed one more vacation into the time we have left working for the man… After my bride read through my blogs on my two “trips of a lifetime” she wondered when she was going to get her trip of a lifetime.  So this cruise will be it for her… we have booked a 12 day cruise leaving Sydney Australia that will visit five Islands in the south pacific… for her a “trip of a lifetime… ” for me,fun in the sun!

Downtown St. Thomas Now we have done several other cruises in our lifetimes and spent all of that time visiting places in the Caribbean and the Gulf of Mexico.  We have sailed together on Royal Caribbean, Princess, Holland American, and Celebrity. My bride went on Norwegian for an all girls trip and once for an office function.  I sailed on the Le Diamante as I mentioned in an earlier blog as a volunteer for IAATO. We love the white sandy beaches and all the snorkeling the Caribbean offers.  The South Pacific is suppose to offer even better beaches and snorkeling… we can hardly wait!

this is why we do it... The airfare to Sydney is a wee bit pricey but since this a trip of a lifetime for the bride we just got to do it. Frequent flier miles will lucis boatget us to Los Angeles and we will pay for the rest (going to have to work camp somewhere someday to make up for this).  We will spend two and one half days before the cruise in Sydney. There is much to see and do in Sydney; not to mention we will have to recover  from the jet lag. So the bride will get to visit Australia, Fiji (Suva and Lautoka), Vanuatu, Ile des Pins, and Ile Lifou. This should be a fitting reward for her for working for the last 35 years and putting up with me.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my, what an awesome trip you two have planned. :) It truly will be a trip of a lifetime. I can't wait to see the pics and read your journal of it.

    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that is definitely a trip of a life time. I'm sure you'll take lots of pictures for us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been married to this wonderful lady most of my life... it was her turn... i am just glad she is taking me with her...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my what a Trip of a Lifetime!!! We are anxious to see photos of your journey.... enjoy!

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete