Today is our last day in the Florida Keys on this “’mini vacation”. We have really enjoyed the house we are staying in near Key West. It has been especially fun to spend time in our mini vacation villa by the sea…
Tomorrow we will leave the Florida Keys and head north to Seminole RV Campground in North Fort Myers. It has been fun living in a “real house” for the last couple of weeks even though it took some getting used to… For example, it took me about three days to stop trying to use the foot peg to flush the toilets here and we both almost got lost in the king sized bed and huge shower stalls. Sharon enjoyed the full sized kitchen and the dishwasher. That being said, it will also be nice to get back to our RV – our home!!!
What we will miss most when we leave will be the the swimming pool, the palm trees, and the blue water… Sharon will also miss the relaxation of the long, hot baths she enjoyed each evening..
- Best Happy Hour outside of Key West – Hogfish Bar and Grill
- Best Happy Hour in Key West – Boat House Bar
- Best local food establishment in Key West – Mr. Z’s
- Best Beach – Higgs Beach
- Best Happy Hour Menu – Boat House Bar
- Best Street to Walk – Duval Street, Key West
- Best Event to Watch/Photograph - Key West Race Week
- Best Biking – Anywhere in Key West
- Best People Watching – 100 to 300 block of Duval when cruise ships are in
- Best Bartender – Patty Wacker at the Hogfish Bar and Grill
- Most fun event – Key West Seafood Festival
We really enjoyed lounging in and around the heated pool as well as the comforts of the larger spaces the house offered during our stay. Combined with attending several different local happy hours and engaging in conversations with various people at each of the bars made for some wonderful and memorable experiences… We can’t really thank our friends Jerry and Kathleen enough for allowing us to stay in their beautiful home in Key West…