Wow, I can’t believe we are nearing the end of our two month stay in Bonita Springs. It is almost time for us to spread our wings and fly once again…One of the reasons we stayed for two months was to get a long list of things done and the other obviously was for the weather. However, when the weather isn’t so great it provides an opportunity to get some of the items on the list done… What did we get done while here?
Well the first major task we tackled was to wash and wax the car and our motorhome. As many of you know this is a huge task but with some determination we got it all done. I prefer to use a paste wax called Meguiars, which requires a lot of “wax on” wax off” action and after four days we did complete the task. We generally do this once per year on the motorhome and more often for the car.
We also got quite a few items that needed repairing or maintaining finished while here at Imperial Bonita Estates:
- lubricated tow bars – silicon spray added to all surfaces
- added a felt liner to our rebuilt TV cabinets
- hung TV trim – ordered 14 wood plugs from Tiffin to complete the job
- fixed mirror in bedroom – the matting frame need gluing down
- fixed hallway mirror - the frame was coming apart and is now fixed!
- checked out lights for CRV-RV – tightened all connections and checked continuity
- oil change for car – done, they allow that here at IBE
- fixed light for sink water pump – $2 bulb at Radio Shack
- fixed entrance steps – ACE hardware and some creative work provided the means
- caulked window vent on window by door...weep vents need caulk to not fall off
- got printer working again (otherwise we were going to toss it) – successful fix so I ordered new ink, Yes!
- replaced sleep member bed remotes – big job but well worth it as we now have a wireless remote instead of the two wired remotes. Now all we have to do is not lose it…
What was really nice was have an address with a mail box as we were able to order a lot of items from Amazon and EBay, such as:
- renewed registration RV – done but at a price,sigh
- ordered new glasses – got two pair (extra just in case) nice to have an extra pair when traveling like we do
- bought and replaced burnt out fluorescent overhead lights – ordered a box of 12 on EBay for about 1/2 the cost at Camping World
- bought 8 by 20 shade screen for outside – ordered one from Amazon and love it!
- bought new rubber sewer doughnut – somehow ours ran away…
- ordered new laptop battery and chargers - after 3 years it was time
- ordered new charger and battery for phones – after 3 years it was time
- backed up our computers – we really should do this more often, I do know better!
- purchased awning tie downs – flea market finds… $2 per stake!
It was a big list indeed but at least we had two months to get all the work done. Another item on the to do list is to get our plans in place for our exodus from Imperial Bonita Estates. That item, unfortunately, isn’t quite yet completed but Hey!, we still have 5 more days here!
We do know that we will head to La Belle for four days and then up to a Camping World in Bartow, Florida to have some new tires for our RV. We bought two new tires in the last 8 months so it is time to replace the other four and we hope that task will be scheduled Feb 5th. From there we will likely stay for week around the Suwanee River and then migrate over to the Forgotten Coast. i guess I better start calling some parks to see if they have space available…