Friday, June 1, 2018

Wichita Falls Texas, Family and Fun We Had There...

After a short stint at Fort Richardson State Park we moved northwest over to Wichita Falls about three hours away. Why Wichita Falls, you may ask? Well I have a nephew who lives there we haven't seen for a few years and I wanted to see his son who is now two and half years old. He was just a baby the last time we saw them

Image may contain: plant, tree, bridge, sky, outdoor, nature and waterImage may contain: sky, cloud, tree, outdoor and nature

We will stay at Wichita Bend Park which is owned by the city and amazingly is still only 17 dollars per night for water and 50 amp service. After settling in I contacted my nephew to see when we could meet up and he invited us over to their new house for dinner. Sharon and I went over to the local store and bought our great nephew a present and some Blue Bell ice cream for dessert. As you can see in the photo, little Graham was delighted with his present which was a fire truck! He played with it most of the evening.

MVIMG_20180527_181306IMG_20180528_071217

My sister was also at dinner and she brought lots of old photos from her house that I asked for after my mother passed away. Above photo is my mom, me, my sister and my grand parents (yes, it was a long time ago). Dinner was really good as Steven grilled some chicken and steaks along with some potatoes and broccoli. After dinner we were reminiscing as we were going through the many old photos. We got so involved we forgot to have the ice cream after dinner!

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing, tree, plant, sky, grass, outdoor and natureImage may contain: shoes

Our last day at Wichita Bend Park we walked over to the park adjacent to us. There is a small pedestrian suspension bridge opening up to Lucy Park. We went there to play disc golf as they have a pretty decent course. And guess what we saw…. more snakes doing the dirty. I heard a noise and when I looked over to see what it was I discovered it was a pair of 5 to 6 foot long rat snakes doing the dirty despite having fallen out of the tree. It didn’t seem to bother them at all as they continued their amorous ways.

Image may contain: drinkImage may contain: bicycle and outdoor

What is about us and snakes this year? We have seen more snakes in the past month than we have seen in the past ten years! Maybe it has something to do with how hot is is getting so early in the season. You would swear it was August and time for the “Hotter n’ Hell 100” the 100 mile bicycle race held annually in Wichita Falls. We ended our day at a cool little brewery called Wichita Falls Brewing with a nice cold beer. And that is how we spent the remainder of our Memorial Day weekend…

NOTE: We are now in Caprock Canyons State Park in the panhandle of Texas but are hoping to score a first come- first serve spot in Muleshoe Texas this morning…

2 comments:

  1. We are heading to Wichita Falls Sunday for an overnight on our move east. Glad you tried out Wichita Bend Park out for us:) We thought we'd give it a try. We'll check out the brewery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello from NY. I tried disc golf at an ADK expo this past weekend. I see why you enjoy it. enjoy reading your posts.
    Visit my blog at
    https://wendystriplog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete