Saturday, March 20, 2010

Musings...

I sit here thinking that in less that one year I won't be here... in this house...  at this computer... where will I be?  It will be much like the children's book series "Where's Waldo" and maybe... that is what I should name our future home... alas, I can't do that as one of my recent bosses was nick  named Waldo and I would never want it to go to his head...

Today was uneventful as I am on the third day of spring break that the university I work for allows us to have off.  So today's task was to repaint the horrid "closet from hell"... you know the one I am talking about... the one that is so stuffed with stuff you never, ever use or would ever use again if you lived to be a hundred and fifty!  But I am sure we all have on these closets and mine was begging for me to clean it out, repaint it, and either throw everything inside of it away and dedicate for future sale. So be it and the closet was painted, cleaned and reorganized and thus is more presentable for future sale opportunities.

But here I am again back in thought as to where I will be be and what I will be doing this time next year. Sipping on a glass of nice red wine my mind wanders and I have the sensation of being away from it all in solitude and at peace... and it feels delightful... soon too... it will be mine...

“Solitude is painful when one is young, but delightful when one is more mature.”
-Albert Einstein

5 comments:

  1. We just now found your blog!

    Even though we have seen you in the RV-Dreams Chat Room we didn't know you had one!

    We are still trying to connect the names with the blogs -- apparently we aren't doing very well! :)

    Ken and Nanette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I had found your earlier but lost and then rediscovered it... thanks for stopping by...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Heyduke!

    I found your blog and went back to day one. Interesting to see your transition in all your decisions from just travel to now Rv .. from class C to a class A

    You are doing great research and soon will be among the full-timers out there on the road.

    Hope to join the ranks soon! 2013 here we come!

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Blog) http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for visiting karen and yes it is still a "transition" in progress...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the closet! Hope you didn't put much back into it.

    I find it great to open a drawer and see some empty space.

    ReplyDelete