Friday, July 14, 2023

Uh, Oh Something’s not right! Error Code ID 94 FM 2

4We left Brady Texas and moved on down the road with our next destination to a place we have visited many times before, Canyon Lake Texas.When we were about 15 miles away I noticed our check engine light came on and was amber.

7

I looked for a spot to pull over and when I maneuvered safely off the road I checked my add-on scanner which revealed an error code ID 94 FM 2. I searched on-line and found a website that explained it was “Injector Metering Rail – Data Erratic, Intermittent or Incorrect'”. The ECM “detected that the fuel pressure signal is not changing”.

5

Reading that it was not a serious problem (requiring towing) I drove on.The check engine light went off and I drove another 10 miles before the light came back on. I pulled over once more and saw the same error code so I waited until the light went off again.

3

As I pulled back on the road  this time I notice excessive black smoke from the tailpipe when starting off or under load but we were able to drive another 10 miles to campground. I did notice some "stuttering" when I got close to campground when under load.

Fuel Pressure Sensor

At the campground I called Cummins and they suggested it could be the Fuel Pressure Sensor which I ordered since we were here for 6 days. A $400 part, circled in yellow above) but it was worth a try if it meant not having to go to a service center.

1

In the meantime we will simply enjoy Canyon Lake. For us that means daily walks around the campground and occasional day trips. Our favorite day trip is down the old river road to New Braunfels. I’ve blogged about it before so will just include a few pictures in this blog as a reminder.

As soon as the part arrives we can figure out what we are doing next. But such is life on the Road of Retirement…

8 comments:

  1. Keeping my fingers crossed that the problem is, indeed, that sensor, and it's a quick, easy and successful fix. Meanwhile, enjoy your stay at Canyon Lake. We're booked at Potters Creek later this year, mainly due to your prior comments about it. Good luck with the repair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The area is currently in extreme drought with the lake very low. Regardless, it is still a great place to be.

      Delete
  2. Sure hope the Cummins tech is correct and replacing the sensor has you back On the Road of Retirement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So envy your ability to be able to fix these things on your own are hopefully. But I'm wondering what in the world are you doing in Canyon Lake Texas in day after day over 100°??? 103 today. 104 tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have things to tend to and our daughter is expecting another babyin August...

      Delete
    2. Definitely makes sense. So sorry for the heat and for your daughter at the end of a pregnancy in august.

      Delete
  4. Hate that yellow light. Hope it is an easy repair. Travel safe!!

    ReplyDelete