Thursday, May 27, 2021

Back in College Station, Texas for a while…

PXL_20210524_202357345~2

After my two night stay in Shiner Texas I was ready for my second RV travel day without Sharon, and hopefully my last time without her. In the morning I readied the RV for travel and then pulled the RV up in my huge site to attach the CRV to the back. Once attached, I checked all the lights and since all was well, off I went.

PXL_20210518_193202364

The drive was about 120 miles and took a bit over 2.5 hours. I opted for a slightly longer route through Giddings Texas rather than through Brenham Texas since the roads are better and easier for one to handle. Shortly before noon I was pulling into my next RV park, a place we have stayed many times before, in College Station, Texas.

PXL_20210518_194151148

My being back in our old home town had me reminiscing that this is where we began our journey on the Road of Retirement. I also realized that we are now in our eleventh year and I never did a 10 year review or summary of any kind. Therefore I resolved to work on a future blog with a review of our costs hoping the budget info may be useful to some readers.

PXL_20210524_202612443.PORTRAIT

In the meantime I have been taking in some walks at some of our favorite spots in the Brazos Valley. I hiked at Lick Creek Park, the Brazos Arboretum and all around the sprawling Texas A&M University campus.Spring is still in force here as it has been raining frequently but all too soon summer will arrive with temperature reaching into the 90’s and 100’s. I hope we are out of here before we see 100+.

PXL_20210527_000040795

Next week I will fly out to North Carolina to finally see my new granddaughter whom Sharon has been helping to care for. I will fly out on the 2nd of June and stay about a week, then Sharon and I will fly back together to Texas. I am really looking forward to getting to know our little Allie Rose in North Carolina.

PXL_20210526_212708586

Finally I wanted to add a note to my email subscribers. Google is discontinuing service to feedburner which is what my blog was using for mail subscriptions. I have now deleted that service and begun using a newer service called follow.it which was really easy to switch over to. Hopefully this will be a seamless process for those of you receiving this blog by mail. Feel free to comment if you are a mail subscriber and receive this blog so I will know it is actually working! I appreciate you and hope to see you on down the road!

NOTE:  While Sharon is in North Carolina I am now currently at in College Station, Texas until  June 15th…

8 comments:

  1. I received your blog with no problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey John, where did you find the follow it widget? I don’t see it on the list.......
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will need to go to https://follow.it/ and create an account. There they will provide a customized HTML script that you copy. In blogger you will add an HTML widget and copy this script inside it. Works like a charm apparently!

      Delete