Thursday, December 3, 2009

Burning the LP's into digital land...

Well I am now using my brand new turn table that comes complete with a USB cable that plugs directly into my computer.  Comes complete with software that can be used to catalog the music by using the dead space between songs that effectively breaks out each song separately.  This way I am able to play an album, cut each song out, name them with their singer, album name, and title and save them into my itunes folders.

Being able to convert my records into digital music means I can rid myself of the 2-300 lbs of LP's I own and put them all on a very compact external hard drive.  The down sizing continues.... and the side benefit is going through all the nostalgia and memories that each record reveals through each song recorded.  Now where was I when The Beatles sang Let it Be?   Hmmmmmm........

No comments:

Post a Comment